Louise Rooney operates this website www.louiserooney.ie (the “Site”).
This page informs you of my policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use my Site.
I will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Privacy Statement.
I use your Personal Information for providing my services to you and for improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Who is the Data Administrator
The Data Administrator for louiserooney.ie is Louise Rooney who is based in Ennistymon, Co Clare, Ireland. She can be contacted by submitting a message using the Contact Form.
What Information I collect from you
I will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
Information you give me:
This is information about you that you give me by filling in forms on the website and interacting with the Site. It includes information you provide when you sign up to my newsletter service or make an enquiry about my products and services, or buy products/services. The information you give me will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information I collect about you:
This is information that I collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps me to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
I may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie”. A Cookie will permit me to maintain my service to match your needs, interests and preferences. You have a right to refuse to accept cookies.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer. Most web sites deliver cookies to provide visitors access to various functions on the website. Cookies can be long-lived or short lived. The long-lived cookie holds information and compares it with information you display when you return. Web sites that recognise you when you return and provide access codes automatically are examples of this. The short-term cookies are known as session cookies. These are stored temporarily during your visit and are not stored in your computer for long and are regularly deleted when you close your computer. Long lasting cookies can be deleted from “documents and settings” on your computer.
You can set your computer to block cookies by setting your browser to reject them. However, you may lose many functions that you at present take for granted. Cookies have become like unseen automatic servants – doing things repeatedly that would otherwise require our deliberate intervention.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of my Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Site available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
I use the WooCommerce plugin to enable you to purchase products and services from my site.
I collect information about you during the checkout process on my store to enable the best experience for you on my site, and to deliver your purchased products/services.
What I collect and store
While you visit my site, I’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. I’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for my store
- Comply with any legal obligations I have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve my store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, I will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
I generally store information about you for as long as I need the information for the purposes for which I collect and use it, and I am not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, I will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
If you buy Svadhaya 6-week One on One Sessions you will be directed to my booking page which uses a plugin called Calendarista to book your appointments with me. This plugin saves your email address in order to facilitate the booking process. You can delete your email and information from the system at any time with the link supplied to you by email when you book.
Who has access to the information
Louise Rooney is currently the only person with access to the information.
Uses made of the information
All information about you that I collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by me in the following ways:
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from me;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that I, or my selected partners, offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone from which you can opt out at any time;
- To notify you about changes to my services;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of my efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To comply with my record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where I Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Information I receive from other sources.
- I will combine this information with information you give to me and information I collect about you.
- I will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
Disclosure of your information
I may share your information with:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- To protect my rights, property or safety, or those of my clients or others.
Where I store your personal data
All information that you provide to me on the site is stored on servers of my hosting provider Hosting Ireland.
When you subscribe to my mailing list your email is stored by Mailchimp, my email service provider.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of my use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that I have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to me using my Contact Form.
If you would like to request the information I hold about you under a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) you can contact me using the Contact Form.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact me.
This Site contains links to other external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.